Smith & Wesson is an excellent and established firearms company, ahd their M&P Shield line is one of their flagship products. If you’re looking for a CCW Pistol, this is a good place to look.
Smith & Wesson is an excellent firearms company that has been around since 1852. Law enforcement agencies all over the US have put their guns to the test, so their products are tried and true. The Smith & Wesson M&P Shield is no exception.
The M&P Shield comes in a wide variety of sizes and calibers to fit your exact needs. Be it a full size, compact, single stack, or double stack, 9mm, .40cal, or .45acp – the Smith & Wesson M&P Shield pistol line has you covered. Smith & Wesson even has variants with or without an external safety.
The M&P Shield .45acp has significant parts compatibility with the 9mm/.40 version, which is excellent for people who have spare parts lying around. While the three calibers are in the same product line, it is common for 9mm/.40cal and .45acp pistols commonly have limited parts compatibility due to the caliber size differences.
Smith & Wesson M&P 45 Shield Features
- Parts compatibility with other Smith & Wesson Shield pistols
- Decent aftermarket support
- External safety or no thumb safety versions available
- White dot front sight and two white dot rear sights
- Striker fire action
- New aggressive grip texturing
- Front and rear slide serrations for cocking
- Small compact package, an excellent pistol for conceal carry
- Easy toolless takedown
- Includes two magazines, a flush 6 round magazine, and an extended 7 round magazine
Smith & Wesson M&P 45 Shield Specifications
Caliber: .45acp (though there are 9mm and .40cal variants)
Capacity: 6+1 or 7+1 with the extended mag
Barrel Length: 3.3in / 8.4cm
Overall Length: 6.5in / 16.51cm
Weight: 20.5oz / 581.2g / 1.28 lbs
Slide Material: Stainless Steel
Slide Finish: Armornite in Matte Black
Frame Material: Polymer