The Walther P22 .22lr rimfire pistol is a commonly available handgun, intended for casual plinking and handgun training. However, it has garnered a reputation for being unreliable and picky on the type of ammo it will feed reliably. Walther has recognized this and has overhauled the P22 .22lr handgun and significantly improved the P22’s reliability.
22Plinkster is known for his incredible trick shots with .22lr, so he is well versed in rimfire handguns and rifles. He weighs in on the new and improved Walther P22.
Is the refresh enough to save the Walther P22? Or is its reputation tarnished forever?
Walther P22 Key Features
- Double/Single action trigger, 11lbs trigger pull for double action, 4lbs trigger pull for single action
- Ambidextrous paddle lever magazine release
- Three dot polymer sights
- Picatinny rail for accessories
- Laded chamber indicator
- Threaded barrel option to run a suppressor
- Interchangeable backstraps
- Walther ergonomics
Walther P22 Specifications
- Caliber: .22lr
- Capacity: 10 rounds
- Barrel length: 3.42 in
- Overall length: 6.3 in
- Height: 4.5 in
- Width: 1.1 in
- Weight with empty magazine: 17 oz
- Finish: Nickel, all black, or OD Green grip
Walther also offers a P22 version with a laser included, as well as a Target model with an extended barrel.