“I’ve never really been a huge fan of variable magnification optics on what I would consider a general purpose rifle. … I can tell you right now that my opinion has been changed by this optic.” -Aaron Cowan, Sage Dynamics
The low power variable optic has come a very long way in the past decade or so. Red dots and fixed power optics used to be king amongst the rifle mounted optics realm – but they are both being very quickly eclipsed by variable power optics as technology has been advancing. The current generation’s durability, clarity, and forgiving eye relief has made the low power variable optic the most versatile option for shooters of almost all shooting disciplines.
“The Leupold Mark 6 is definitely going to be one of my first recommendations, because it is just that good. … I just don’t know how I lived without it. … I didn’t know what I was missing just using red dots.” -Aaron Cowan, Sage Dynamics
Quality low power variable magnified optics provide very forgiving eye relief for close quarters work, but magnification to reach out to several hundred yards. The Leupold Mark 6 1-6x is very capable of identifying threats at several hundred yards and hitting targets beyond 600 yards. Leupold’s excellent FFP reticles with daylight bright illumination makes hitting targets easy – provided the shooter has strong shooting fundamentals at least. This versatility makes it a great option for hunters, competition shooters, law enforcement, and anyone else who is interested in engaging targets at point blank out to several hundred yards.
The military trusted Leupold durability also means this optic can be run hard with no worries of the zero being lost.
Leupold Mark 6 1-6x20mm Reticles
Leupold offers three reticles with their Mark 6 1-6x20mm line of scopes, the TMD-D MIL reticle and the CMR-W, a horseshoe style BDC reticle with drop and wind holds for .223/5.56 and another option for .308/7.62 holds. All three of these reticles from Leupold offer daylight bright illumination for fast target acquisition and are all First Focal Plane (FFP) for consistent drop and windage calculations across all magnifications.
Leupold Mark 6 1-6x20mm Key Features
- First focal plane reticle with multiple reticle options
- Daylight bright reticle illumination
- Lightweight, but durable, riflescope construction
- Crystal clear glass
- Locking turrets
Leupold Mark 6 1-6x20mm Specifications
- Magnification: 1-6x
- Objective Lens Diameter: 20mm
- Reticles: CMR-W BDC for .223/5.56, CMR-W BDC for .308/7.62, TMR-D MIL – all Illuminated
- Knobs: M6C1 ZeroLock Dials
- Focal Plane: First Focal Plane (FFP)
- Lenses: Xtended Twilight Lens System with DiamondCoat 2
- Field of View at 100 Yards: 105.8ft for low magnification and 19.3ft for high magnification
- Eye Relief: 3.7 inches
- Exit Pupil: 3.3-3.7 inches
- Click Value: 2/10 mil per click
- Length: 10.3 inches
- Weight: 17 oz / 1.0625 lbs
- Illumination: Daylight Bright
- MSRP: $2859.99