The Leupold VX-5HD 1-5x24mm is taking optical performance to a higher level. Leupold gave the VX-5HD 1-5x24mm a High-Definition optical system for sharpened clarity, and the Twilight Max Light Management System for even greater low-light performance, giving hunters a visible advantage at dawn and dusk when the biggest game is on the move.
The VX-5HD’s CDS-ZL2 (Custom Dial System ZeroLock 2) elevation dial locks in place so it cannot be inadvertently rotated off zero. A mere press of a button will allow the user to dial up two turns of elevation, if necessary. On the 2nd revolution of the elevation dial, the button sinks in to show you are on the 2nd turn so you can dial for extended ranges and never lose your place. The covered pop-up windage dial provides fast and accurate sight-in and easy rezero. All VX-5HD CDS-ZL2 riflescopes include one free Custom Ballistic Dial with purchase. FireDot illuminated reticles provide daylight bright, red dot-like performance with an easy to use 1 button intensity adjustment.
The Leupold VX-5HD riflescope features Leupold’s exclusive, proprietary Argon/Krypton gas blend, which nearly eliminates the effects of thermal shock, and reduces the diffusion of gases sealed inside your scope even more than our proven nitrogen technology already does.
Use the Leupold VX-5HD 3-15x44mm riflescope to get on target faster so you can take the shot of a lifetime. Even at higher powers, the longer eye relief and generous eyebox provides incredible head position latitude, edge-to-edge brightness, and a full clear sight picture that fills the eyepiece completely.
Leupold’s legendary FireDot illumination provides fast target acquisition and accurate shooting in low light conditions. This red dot style illumination makes the Leupold VX-5HD 1-5x24mm an excellent choice for competitive shooters and hunters alike.
Leupold VX-5HD Riflescope 1-5x24mm Features:
– 1/4 MOA Finger Click: Finger click adjustments for windage and elevation (¼-MOA) offer absolute repeatability and dependability over a lifetime of extreme use (metric adjustments 1 cm per click
– 100% Waterproof and Fog Proof
– 30mm Maintube
– 5:1 Zoom Ratio
– Blackened Lens Edges: Blackened lens edges reduce unwanted glare and diffusion through the lens edges to provide better resolution, improved contrast and superior optical perrformance.
– CDS-ZL2 Zero Lock Adjustment with Revolution Indicator
– Extended Battery Life
– Extreme Fast-Focus Eyepiece: The extreme fast-focus eyepiece ensures a generous eyebox, superior field of view and optimal diopter adjustment in the field. It allows the the user to adjust through the full range of diopter adjustment in one complete turn of the eyepiece.
– FireDot Illumination: Select models are available with the exclusive FireDot Reticle System in your choice of FireDot Duplex, FireDot Circle, Ballistic FireDot, FireDot LR Duplex, FireDot 4, FireDot Pig Plex, FireDot TMR and FireDot SPR. Once activated, the dot within the reticle illuminates with bright, sharp definition, while the rest of the reticle is non-illuminated. This combination leads your eye naturally to the center aiming point and makes target acquisition quick, precise, and simple.
– Guard-Ion Rain shedding coating: Water, dirt and fingerprint shedding lens coating. Extremely durable and scratch resistant.
– MST (Motion Sensor Technology): An important feature of select Illuminated reticle models is the Leupold-exclusive Motion Sensor Technology (MST). A single touch of the button or twist of the dial activates the illumination, offering several different intensity settings (depending on model) including a high/low indicator (FireDot reticles only). The reticle will automatically switch to stand-by mode after five minutes of inactivity, then reactivate whenever the rifle is moved. This eliminates the need for excess movement reaching for buttons, while extending battery life (powered by a readily available CR-2032 coin cell battery.
– Twilight Max Light Management System: Light management means delivering usable light to your eye and forming a crisp, high contrasting image. Lens coatings are applied that maximize light transmission in blue colors, since your eye is more sensitive to blue in low light. Red colors are also maximized, since they dominate scenes in typical hunting situations and finally the balancing colors to develop the highest possible contrast. Glare is controlled with special mechanical structures. The end result, you can see antler tines in dark shadows long after the competition has gone home.
– Color: Matte
– Reticle: Fire Dot Duplex(Illuminated)
– Dial: Zero Lock 2 turn 1/4 MOA
– Actual Magnification: Low: 1.0 x, High: 5.0 x
– Linear Field of View (ft/100 yd): Low: 114.6′, High: 22.5′
– Linear Field of View (m/100 m): Low: 38.2 m, High: 7.5 m
– Eye Relief: Low: 3.8″, High: 3.8″
– Eye Relief: Low: 97 mm, Low: 97 mm
– Weight: 13.1 oz.
– Weight: 371 g
– Objective Clear Aperture: .9″
– Objective Clear Aperture: 24 mm
– Elevation Adjustment Range: 170 moa
– Windage Adjustment Range: 170 moa
– Length: 11.2″
– Tube Length: 7.4″
– Eyepiece Length: 3.3″
– Objective Length: N/A
– Objective Diameter: 1.2″
– Eyepiece Diameter: 1.8″
– Tube Diameter: 1.18″