The Competition 2 Gun Class is a new class geared for the competitive shooter, specifically when it comes to using handguns and carbines in a dynamic shooting competition format.
In this 2 Gun class, we will go over techniques for how to be fast and accurate with your handgun and rifle, fluidly (and safely) moving around a stage, transitioning quickly between targets, stage strategies, and more.
If you want to get the competitive edge, this is the class for you.
Class goals & skills covered:
- Have a fun and safe day at the range
- Gear review and critique
- Improve handgun and rifle handling and manipulation
- Controlling a handgun and rifle through recoil
- Transitioning between targets with a rifle and handgun
- Moving between positions and moving while shooting
- Kneeling and prone with a rifle
- Using shooting barricades with a rifle
- Getting quickly in and out of positions
- Analyzing a shooting stage
Shooting fast and accurate
This isn’t “bullseye” shooting, this is “dynamic” shooting. In this class we will be shooting quickly for “practical” groups on targets commonly used in shooting competitions.
If you examine your stage time, where are the biggest gaps in time? Where is the most time that can be shaved off? Is it taking a 0.25 split down to a 0.2 split? Or is it taking 2 seconds instead of 5 seconds to move between a shooting position?
Movement is one of the greatest opportunities to shave off time on a shooting stage, so we’ll spend time getting you to move quickly around a stage.
Getting in and out of shooting positions quickly
When shooting with a rifle, particularly at longer distances, the key is to get into a stable shooting position as quickly as possible. We’ll go over getting stable shooting positions and how to get in and out of them quickly.
Gear needed for the class
- Safety rated eye protection that provides full protection – normal sunglasses or eye glasses are not recommended
- Hearing protection
- A working semi automatic handgun
- 4+ handgun magazines, more couldn’t hurt
- A working semi automatic rifle
- 2+ rifle magazines, more couldn’t hurt
- A quality holster
- Competition setup: be it belt with mag carriers or a chest carrier
- Ammo count TBD
- A lunch – bring your own or there will be 1 hour to go get lunch
- Closed toe shoes
- Fitting clothing that does not leave openings for hot brass to get in
- Sunscreen and a hat
- Kneepads are optional, but useful for the kneeling section
Who is this class for?
This class is great for 3 Gunners and Run and Gun competitors, but is useful for people who want to shoot a rifle and handgun quickly in a dynamic environment.
This is not a class for brand new shooters. This class requires basic understandings of how to manipulate and shoot both rifle and pistol. Competition experience is not required, but will help maximize the learning experience from the class.